Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Comstock Mining (LODE.OB) Why I bought a starter position

Every "precious metals bug" and student of the history of the Western USA has heard of the Comstock Lode in Nevada. A few months ago I  read the fascinating story of Comstock Mining's painstaking assembly of a wide swath of this historic mining district on 321gold.com  After waiting-out the "Bob Moriarty-induced" price spike, I entered a position around $2.60, which has since moved up. http://www.321gold.com/editorials/moriarty/moriarty102910.html

http://www.comstockmining.com/

I really started liking my position even more now that they've started announcing some impressive drill results. How does 135 feet of 7 gpt gold, plus some silver, sound to you? http://www.comstockmining.com/corporate/ceo-blog

I alos like the management, which is a huge factor, besides the property. The CEO has alot of personal skin in the game. He's not sitting in some fancy office in Canada milking PP investors without getting his hands dirty. IN FACT, they don't have a Canadian listing, which insulates them from some of the alleged shorting and financing shenanigans I've heard stories of.

Recently cashed-up and thinking about production THIS YEAR (though my gut and experience tells me that it may be a bit aggressive) http://www.comstockmining.com/files/comstockmining-overview-20101116.pdf

If any of this sounds interesting, study the maps, read the website, maybe even give them a call and see if they sound like the real deal. If so, consider a small amount of SPECULATIVE money. If the price drops, remember that you're in Nevada and you can either double-down or fold and run. Only you can make those decisions. I own a small amount.

Note that I am not stating what I think the MC is or should be. The complicated structure in the 321Gold.com article above I do not understand and has me a bit puzzled, so I'm being cautious.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice blog Idaho. I can add that they will get into production late this year. Not sure if you are aware but they did test mine in 2005 and 06. The infrastructure is all there. Waiting on one more minor permit and that is all, fully permitted, starter mine all on private land. This will be a CASH COW at the end of the year.

The share structure is pretty darn good for common holders considering the amount of debt that was retired. If you look at the balance sheet now it's impressive. I don't see future dilution a problem considering all of the potent news the company has lined up.
AMEX listing, NI 43-101, TSX listing, feasibility study, drill results, anouncment of equipment purchased, resumption of production.